Note: This post is specifically for Philippine Passport holders 🙂
You might think that it’s a pain in the arse to secure one, but I’m telling you, it’s NOT. Unlike other embassies, we cannot file our own application walk-in, you may choose from their accredited travel agencies instead. Here are some of them:
For any Visa application
- Universal Holidays, Inc
- Discovery Tour, Inc
- Reli Tours and Travel Agency
- Raja Travel Corporation
- Attic Tours Phils., Inc
- Friendship Tours and Resorts Corporation
For application WITHOUT Japanese guarantor
Requirements for Tourist Visa (with no guarator):
- Philippine Passport- must be valid 6 months before your travel date
- Visa Application Form (download here)- must be printed on an A4 size paper; it may be hand-written or computerized
- Recent Photo- 4.5×4.5, white background pasted on the application form
- NSO/ PSA Original Birth Certificate- issued within 1 year (I got mine at the SM Business Center, processing time is 5-7 working days)
- Marriage Contract (if applicable)- issued within 1 year
- Daily Schedule in Japan (sample format) – need not to be super detailed but make sure to follow the format;must be printed on an A4 size paper
- Original Bank Certificate- no required amount but should cover the duration of your stay
- Original Income Tax Return (BIR 2307)- must be recent
- Guarantee Letter (if applicable)
- Make sure that you have all the required documents before you go to your agency, it will make your appointment a breeze.
- Have the documents printed in A4, otherwise, you will re-write the application form or have it resized.
In my case, I processed my Visa through Reli Tours at their Dusit Thani Makati branch. It is open Monday to Saturday, from 8:30AM to 4:30PM. There is no visa fee for Japan, and you’ll only pay the processing fee to your agency. Processing time is roughly 7-10 days depending on the embassy (mine costs Php950 and was released 2 days after I applied, wow ang bilis!). BTW, they do not disclose the reasons of rejection.
Enjoy Japan, Guys! 🙂